Frequently Asked Question
We are sure there are many things you’d like to know about New Horizons; so we compiled a list of
the most common ones received from people keen to learn more about the lifestyle and care we offer.
If your particular query is not answered here, please contact us - call 1800 465 500 or arrange a visit so we can answer your questions personally.
- Who runs the village? New Horizons Villas was developed by New Horizons Management Pty Ltd, whose team has many years experience in developing and managing affordable retirement living facilities for seniors who want to maximise their independence in a supportive environment.
- How much will my new home cost me? New Horizons represents one of Hervey Bay’s most affordable retirement living options with a low upfront cost of $70,000 for single units and $135,000 for double units.
- What do I receive for my investment? When you make the move to New Horizons, you are securing a lifetime Residential Licence. As a resident you enjoy a secure level of protection and entitlement, as governed by the Retirement Villages Act in Queensland.
- Do you offer care services for residents? Yes, you will receive assisted care tailored to your individual health needs. Packages can be individually tailored, and are subsidised by the Australian Government based on an assessment of your needs. You pay only for what you choose and use. Residents can retain existing care providers. Please contact Dawn on 1800 465 500.
- Will I have an Emergency Call System? Yes, there is an Emergency Call System provided at New Horizons, with on-site and off-site monitoring 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You are also able to contact the on-site managers at any time for any emergency medical or security-related matters.
- Do you provide meals? We provide three nutritious meals for residents each day. Every care is taken to ensure they are tasty and well balanced. We are extremely proud of our meals for their quality and variety, all prepared daily on the premises.
- Do you offer transportation services for residents? New Horizons offers residents the convenience of our own community bus at no extra charge.
- What facilities are provided within the village in Sunshine Coast? New Horizons features its own community facilities, including a lounge/dining area, bar, reading area and hairdressing salon. Outdoors there is a BBQ area and fully landscaped surrounds. New Horizons is close to the RSL club and shops. To find out more about the facilities, please contact Dawn on 1800 465 500.
- What are the activities? A comprehensive program of activities will be on offer to you as a New Horizons resident including bus trips, events, seniors exercise, games etc. The choice to participate is always yours, and we encourage our residents to continue to pursue their own interests within the village as well as out in the community. To find out the events and activities on offer, please call Dawn on 1800 465 500
- Am I allowed to bring my pet? Yes, small house-trained pets are allowed in the village subject to prior approval. We realise a pet is very much a family member. Your pet is to be kept in accordance with the village’s rules and should not create any disturbance or concern for other residents. Please call Dawn on 1800 465 500 to discuss your pet's suitability for New Horizons Villas.